Sunday, January 13, 2008

Low-Tech Fiction

I've added to the bl*g a list of my favorite works of fiction. I've read and enjoyed a lot of books in my life, but very few of them would I want to read again. Take E. L. Doctorow's The March, for instance. I'm right now writing an essay on the novel for my Ph.D. application, but I will probably never read the novel again. I didn't really like it when I read it the first time. I don't really like it now that I'm going over it again. And I doubt I will ever like the book. That is why it has not made the list. Something like Flannery O'Connor's Wise Blood, on the other hand, will probably be on my favorites list for a while. I've read it a couple of times, and I still think it is one of the funniest books ever written.

Also, I should probably add that it's not my fault if you read one of these books and hate it. My tastes in literature are pretty odd, and very few people like the books I recommend. So, keep that in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Nice website, often referred to as that word made up by a bunch of computer nerds and such. Glad to see you finally joining the trend.

    ReplyDelete