Here are ten words I hate, but occasionally use. Let it be known, however, that I only use a few of these words for their humorous effect.
10. Luscious: A lousy word, especially when someone uses it to describe poetry.
9. Glance: On its own, "glance" is OK. Pair it with "quickly," though, and it becomes idiotic.
8. Delicious: When used to describe food, this word is permissible. However, "delicious" becomes an abomination as soon as anyone uses it to describe a non-consumable. Music, for example, is not delicious. Pizza, in some circumstances, can be.
7. Warmly: I think this is a dumb adverb.
6. Moisture: I've spoken my piece on this word already. I still think it is a curse upon the ears.
5. Melon: I hate both the sound of the word and the taste of the fruit. Who wants to eat something with a name that mimics the sound of someone throwing up?
4. Truly: Truly one of the most overused adverbs.
3. Amazing, Awesome, or Totally: Utah and the mish turned me off to these words. Also, for the record, "awesome" translated into the Portuguese "Otimo" doesn't make it any better.
2. Utilize: This word is for people who want to keep up with the intellectual Joneses. I prefer the unassuming everyman's "use."
1. Wealth or Wealthy: I don't like the way this word makes my mouth feel when I use it.